• BECOMING A FREE AGENT •
Johnny's Adult League is team signup only, which means that we do not place individuals on a team. We do have a free agent list which people can add their name to in the hopes that a team will pick them up. When teams are in need of players, we will send them the free agents that are at their skill level. Below is a list of things to keep in mind concerning the free agent list.
- We will begin accepting free agent forms on August 1st for the Fall/Winter season and on March 1st for the Spring/Summer season.
- Being placed on the free agent list does not guarantee that you will get on a team.
- We only send teams players from their skill level. So if you neglect to write your skill level and playing history on your form, we will have no way of knowing where to place you and your information will not be sent to any teams.
- Free agents are required to send in a new form for every season. If you're on the list for the fall/winter season but do not turn in a form for the spring/summer season, you will no longer be on the list.
- Team rosters are frozen on October 15 for the fall/winter season, and on May 15 for the spring/summer season. Teams cannot add players after those dates.
- Generally speaking, teams recruit people they know to play on their team. So the best way to get on a team is to come out to Rat Hockey Sessions and to the games to figure out which division would be best for you and to meet some of the players.
Free Agency Closed
(Available July 1 - October 15 for Fall/Winter Season
and February 1 - May 15 for Spring/Summer Season)