Johnny's Skates and Sticks program is the next step after successfully completing both groups of Learn to Skate. It is for kids who intend to play hockey. It focuses on hockey skating and early hockey fundamentals. Pucks will be introduced the second half of the class but the emphasis will be on a solid foundation of skating. All fees are non-refundable and there are no make up days. A completed online registration agreement and full payment is due prior to the skater’s first class. Customers currently enrolled in the class are allowed to pre-register and will have 24 hours to register before the link is made public. An email will be sent to all current customers with information. Class is held at the West rink.
All participants must have approval from
Johnny's to enter this class.
Summer Classes Sold Out!
Contact Us to be placed on the Waiting List
Tuesday: 5 - 5:50pm | Saturday: 10 - 10:50am
Tuesday: 5 - 5:50pm | Saturday: 12:20 - 1:10pm
- All Participants must wear FULL HOCKEY GEAR including: Hockey Helmet (with full cage), Neck Guard, Shoulder Pads, Elbow Guards, Hockey Gloves, Hockey Pants, Protective Cup, Shin Guards, Hockey Socks, Hockey Skates, and a Hockey Stick.
- All participants must have their own medical/accident insurance.
- All participants must pre-register and pay.
- Skaters are not allowed on the ice until an instructor tells them it's okay.
- All participants must enter the ice through the east door.
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to start time to put on equipment.
- Have skaters go to the bathroom before getting on the ice.
- Use the locker rooms to get your child ready to skate. (JIH is not responsible for lost or stolen items.)
- A parent or guardian must be present for the duration of the class.
- Parents MUST sit in the stands, PLEASE do not stand around the ice.
- Please do not encourage your children to come off the ice. Do not distract your child.
- Indoor, heated parking is available for $2.00.