• JOHNNY’S •
Thank you for visiting our Learn to Skate page!
This Annex rink addition has given us the opportunity to expand our youth programs and grow Chicago youth hockey. All Learn to Skate classes are held in the annex training rink, attached to the west wall of Johnny’s IceHouse West.
- Skates can be laced up in the lobby of the rink.
- A healthy vending machinge is available for refreshments and snacks.
- There is a mezzanine with bleachers overlooking the ice where parents are able to sit and watch the class.
Beginner 1 classes are for kids who require walkers and those who are still walking on the ice rather than gliding.
Beginner 2 students need to have passed beginner 1. They will need to be able to push and glide, snowplow stop, turn both ways, and have an intro to backwards skating.
- Beginner I & II are for children ages 4-7.
- Children must be at least 4 years old at the start of the session and no older than 7 at the end of the session.
- Children ages 8 to 10 years old can olnly register for the 8-10 year old class.
- You must pass Beginner 1 before advancing to the Beginner 2 class.
Due to class size restrictions, participants must sign up for a specific day of the week and cannot attend alternate days. All fees are non-refundable and there are no make up days. Classes are offered year round.
A completed online registration agreement and full payment is due prior to the skater’s first class. Customers currently enrolled in the class are allowed to pre-register and will have one week to register before the link is made public.
An email will be sent to all current customers with pre registration information. If a class does not appear on the drop down menu at the time of public registration opening that means it sold out during pre-registration.
$225 (12 weeks)
Winter 2017 Registration is
The Winter 2017 Session is going on now and ends 4/2/17.
Spring Pre-Registration & Public Registration information coming soon!
- Johnny's IceHouse does not rent skates or helmets. Students must bring their own skates & helmet.
- All participants must have their own medical/accident insurance.
- Children must wear skates, helmet, gloves, and layered clothing.
- All participants must pre-register and pay.
- Skaters are not allowed on the ice until an instructor tells them it's okay.
- Parents are not allowed on the ice for this program. We encourage parents to watch from the stands to keep from distracting the kids.
- Please arrive 15-20 minutes prior to start time to put on equipment.
- Have skaters go to the bathroom before getting on the ice.
- Use the locker rooms to get your child ready to skate. (JIH is not responsible for lost or stolen items.)
- Indoor, heated parking is available for $2.00.